He is named after the artist Leonardo da Vinci, as his pregnant mother was standing in front of a da Vinci painting the first time she felt him kick. Leonardo was born on November 11, 1974 in Los Angeles to Irmelin Indenbirken and George DiCaprio. His full name is Leonardo Wilhelm DiCaprio. This information maybe you did not know but they are not that interesting either, right? But here we are going to talk about more interesting things about this great actor.
- Before he signed on to star in James Cameron’s Titanic, he admitted that he was hesitant at first since this wasn’t the kind of film he had told himself he wanted to make.
- Leonardo DiCaprio may not have starred in “Titanic,” “The Wolf of Wall Street,” or his latest Oscar contender, “The Revenant,” if he had decided to leave acting for his other career plan. That was apparently a real possibility, according to DiCaprio in a 2004 interview on “The Oprah Show”. “Because I was a break-dancer.” Audience members laughed. “Now don’t ask me to break-dance, because I’ve since lost my moves,” he continued. “But I was a break-dancer, and I had a choppy, sort of punky haircut.” And he was good. Winfrey’s researchers discovered that he had won second place in a German break-dancing contest.
- Director Tarantino sought the actor to play the Nazi colonel Landa in Inglourious Basterds, but he declined and the role went to Christoph Waltz.
- He’s never done drugs, and he had to speak to a drug expert to prepare for Wolf of Wall Street.
- DiCaprio openly supported John Kerry in the 2004 election. He went around to 11 states and gave 20 speeches about the environment and how the Bush Administration has damaged it. During the 2008 Presidential election, Leonardo gave $2,800 to Barack Obama’s campaign which is the maximum amount an individual can give during an election.
- His favorite director to work with is Martin Scorcese. Leonardo starred in five of his movies; Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island, and The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Despite being such a talented actor, he has never won an Academy Award. He has been nominated five times for Best Supporting Actor for What’s Eating Gilbert Grape and Best Actor for The Aviator, Blood Diamond and The Wolf of Wall Street. He was also nominated as producer for The Wolf of Wall Street.He has won two Golden Globe awards for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama for The Aviator and The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Leonardo DiCaprio was uncomfortable with cruel Django Unchained character: He says, “It was this incredibly interesting horrific character. I mean, there was absolutely nothing about this man I could identify with. I hated him and it was one of the most narcissistic, racist characters I’ve ever read in my entire life.” DiCaprio was also hesitant about using the some words as dictated by Tarantino’s script, but Jackson let him know none of his black co-stars were offended by the racially term because it was the language of that time.
- During the dinner scene, where Calvin Candie (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) learns he has been tricked, DiCaprio slams his hand on the table, breaking a glass and cutting his hand. This wasn’t part of the script and the actor had badly hurt himself but in true method (or madness) tradition, he never broke character and the take was the one used in the movie.
- So what does he look for in a woman? “Humility, a sense of humour and not a lot of drama”, he said in an interview.
Did you like this article? Share with your friends!